Moving to Italy -


Emigration to Italy from the Netherlands has increased. The climate in Italy is good and the food and wine is of a high quality.

Are you moving to Roma, Milan or Turin? With an international move from the Netherlands to Italy you will want to feel at home in your new environment. That is why it is nice to have no worries about your move. Dijkshoorn Euromovers organizes your move professionally and with personal care allowing you to focus on your new living and working environment.

Tailor-made quotation

Price indication

Popular Destinations

  • Rome
  • Milan
  • Turin
  • Palermo
  • Genoa


  • Naples
  • Bologna
  • Florence
  • Bari
  • Verona

General Information

Italy has more than 62 million inhabitants, on a surface area of 301,339 km2. The vast majority of the population speaks Italian. In border areas, the local population also speaks German, French and Slovenian.

Italy consists of the following 20 regions: Sicily, Sardinia, Valle d'Aosta, Trentino South Tyrol, Friul-Venezia Giulia, Piedmont, Lombardy, Liguria, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Tuscany, Umbria, Marche, Lazio, Abruzzi, Molise, Campania, Apulia, Basilicata and Calabria.

Italy has three climates. In the north there is a maritime climate, in central and southern Italy there is a Mediterranean climate and the Alps have a high mountain climate.

More than 85% of Italians belong to the Roman Catholic Church. The other 15% are Protestants, Orthodox, Jews and Muslims.

Italy is one of the richest economies in the world. Yet in Italy there is a big difference between the 'poor' south and 'rich' north. A particular phenomenon is that there are many family businesses in Italy. Small and medium-sized enterprises are what drive the Italian economy. The main export products are textiles, clothing, metals, machinery, motor vehicles and chemicals. The currency of Italy is the euro. GDP per head in Italy is 38,000 in US dollars.

Dijkshoorn Euromovers

Dijkshoorn Euromovers knows exactly what is important when moving abroad. With our checklist and personal guidance, you will not be faced with any surprises. We take care of customs formalities for you and ensure safe transport; whether by land, air or sea. Due to the size of our international organisation, we are able to combine relocations abroad and you always get the best price-quality guarantee.

Dijkshoorn Euromovers is part of the international network of Euromovers International. This network consists of highly qualified and reliable removal companies all over the world. There are also several Euromovers located in Italy.

The strength of Euromovers consists of combining the expertise of various internationally operating companies. For you, this means that your relocation, both in the Netherlands and abroad, is guaranteed by all international standards and quality requirements.

Necessary documents

  • Passport
  • Proof of residence abroad of at least 1 year. (e.g. 12 consecutive energy bills)
  • Proof of registration at destination (municipality)
  • Residence permit
  • Rental or purchase agreement at destination
  • Employment contract in country of destination
  • Original customs form
  • Power of attorney


Italian embassy in The Hague:

Alexanderstraat 12
2514 Den Haag

Dutch embassy in Italy:

Via Michele Mercati 8
00197 Rome